Efficiency enhancement in humidification and dehumidification desalination

  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 39.29 KB
  • File Count
  • Create Date June 30, 2019
  • Last Updated January 22, 2020

Efficiency enhancement in humidification and dehumidification desalination

Efficiency enhancement in humidification and dehumidification desalination

K. Srithar

Fresh water is an important natural resource for the survival of most living things. The fresh water is needed not only for the essential function of life but also for the process treatments in domestic, agricultural and industrial sectors in large quantity. Nature produces the needed fresh water through the hydrological cycle. More than two third of the earth surface is covered with the water. About 97% of water is available in ocean as salt water and the remaining 3% as fresh water. And nearly 70% of fresh water is exists frozen in glaciers, permafrost, ice and permanent snow cover, about 29.75% is available underground and the remaining 0.25% of fresh water is available in the water bodies like lakes and rivers. The global warming in many areas reduces the fresh water availability. In addition to this, increase in population and rapid growth of industries inflates the fresh water demand. Further uneven distribution of fresh water is another major problem for the water scarcity. Water scarcity and sanitation problem is given as top priority by the United Nations Organization due to the following reasons: The water table level of subsurface in all the continents of the world is shrinking and the agricultural lands gradually become saline...

© 2019 Ababil Publishers. All rights reserved.

To cite this article: Srithar K. Efficiency enhancement in humidification and dehumidification desalination. Journal of Desalination and Water Purification 2019;15:1-2.

To link this article: http://ababilpub.com/download/jdwp15-1/